29.11.10

KIMONO.101127






These are a Furisode (a long-sleeved kimono) and an obi that I dressed up in, at my aunt's marriage.
叔母の結婚式で着た振袖と帯。



There's a variety of length of sleeves and occasions that a kimono is worn by someone,
着物は袖の長さや用向きで種類が異なり、

and unmarried women wear a Furisode, married women a Tomesode (a fastened sleeved Kimono).
結婚式では未婚女性は振袖を、既婚女性は留袖を着ます。

 A furisode symbolizes being a young single. It's an expression of love waving the long-sleeves at a man.  
振袖は、長い袖を振って男性に愛情表現を示すことから、未婚または若い女性の象徴となっています。



There are a wide various patterns and obis for Kimono. It's hard to put on an outfit of kimono which differs from a Yukata.
着物の文様や帯の結び方も多様で、浴衣と違って着物一式着るのは大変。

The pattern of this Furisode is "a classic pattern edged with clouds". 
今回の振袖は、「雲取り古典柄」の文様。

 






I had an obi knotted in a "Four wings" style. 
帯は、「四つ羽」という結び方をしてもらいました。

Arrangement of Obi-knots, similar to hair styles, vary.   
帯結びは髪と同じでアレンジが多様にあるそう。




I'd like to wear it again because a Furisode can worn only be worn now, it differ from a dress.
ドレスと違って、振袖は今しか着れないものだから、また着たいな。




 
This post relates to next links:

8 comment:

said...

こんにちは ;)

i didnt even know there's a difference between kimonos. yes, i knew of yukatas, but furisode / tomesode was new for me.
i think this kimono looks very nice.
i imagine it must be hard to bind the obi - do you have help while dressing up, or do you do that all by yourself?

Mh said...

Thank you for your comment!!
I'm happy that you knew one of Japanese culture.
I like this kimono. It was first selected by myself.
I can't dress up by myself. But I wanna be able to wear by myself. I think a person that wear a kimono by oneself is nice. I want be so.

said...

hmm, weird, when i follow your blog and display yours on mine, it shows up as last updated 2 months ago.
i tried to fix it by following with my other, older account, but even there the problem persists.
i then removed your blog from my follow list and added it again. nothing changed.
for the time being, i will have to live with the fact your blog is somewhere down the list, and new posts not being shown.
i wonder how that comes. it must be something with your blog i can't change. maybe you played with your privacy settings or something? it must have happened after you added "lycoris radiata", because that's the last post that's being announced by blogger. com
you may want to look into that. your blog is very interesting, and i'd want my own readers to also follow yours, since there's alot of interesting content to be found here, and you update it frequently.
if it wasn't for Twitter, though, your new posts would have gone unnoticed :/

Mh said...

Thank you for your trial.
It's really weird.

>maybe you played with your privacy settings or something?

I don't know that I set it. But I just changed these of "Show Email Post links?" & "back link". Maybe either they may be the problem. Can I trouble you to check my blog on your blog?

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

alright, sorry for spamming this comment field with my updates, but i seem to have found the cause for this problem.

do the following:

go to the blog editor
go to "settings"
go to "site feed"
remove every entry.

it should look like this:
http://www.bilder-speicher.de/10113013548281.gratis-foto-hosting-page.html

then save your blog. all your older posts will then be sent to all those who follow th blog, but in the wrong order.
doesn't really matter, because you fixed the problem, and, as soon as you post a new blog entry, everything will work again.

i hope i was helpful. good luck :)

PS: i deleted my earlier coments because they had to do with this issue, and i couldnt edit them. so, don't mind them ;)

Mh said...

Um...I tried it. But I think the trouble solved...
Thank you for your kindness!!

Post a Comment

© 2010-2012 http://meit8h.blogspot.jp/. Powered by Blogger.